Wednesday, March 7, 2007

This post will be extremely short, but I just wanted to say that the more I hear about training and then the next two years, the more excited I become. Seriously, today at dinner I almost started crying. I know people tend to think that the Peace Corps is such a selfless thing to do and such a sacrifice but right now I'm feeling just grateful to be here. The training is going to be absolutely incredible, and there are many more people working hard for us to be here in country than I had imagined.

I don't feel like I've given up anything, I just feel honored and wonder how I got to be so lucky as to have an experience like this. I feel official now, an official Peace Corps Trainee, and right now, I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing than sitting here on the roof of the hotel, watching fireworks that celebrate the birth of the king's daughter, talking with fellow Trainees.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know I love you and miss you. I called your phone just to see the other day, and of course it just beeped at me like I was stupid. It made me miss you more. I wish I could visit and I'm glad you're having a wonderful time. I've heard that Morrocco is amazing.

Que Dios te bendiga Bucket.
(M)