Sunday, November 30, 2008

November 30, 2008

 Happy Thanksgiving!

 What's been happening since I last updated? Not too much and a lot, all at once. The bad news is that I was stood up almost every day this week by the mudir of the madrasa (principal of primary school), which means the project I've been trying to get off the ground for the last 4-5 months isn't going anywhere. He told me we could meet at a certain time, then was a no-show.

The good news is that tomorrow, which is World AIDS day, I will actually be doing a project in collaboration with an amazing women's association in my souk town. It's a bit intense. I've been wanting to do an AIDS education booth at souk for awhile, and figured World AIDS Day is as good of a day as any. I figured out what I had to do to get it off the ground, and randomly stopped at the hospital in my souk town to ask them a silly question (where is the Pacha's office?). They ended up getting me in touch with this women's association, and in collaboration, we totally re-vamped the project. After struggling for the last few days to find money and a tent (I found both… by 6 pm tonight!), we met today and it was awesome to see all the women learning and reviewing about HIV/AIDS to teach tomorrow at souk.

 I'm just sad that I found an association willing and wanting to work with me so close to my end of service.

 We'll see how tomorrow goes. I'm excited. J It should be fun and hopefully good.

 

No comments: