Thursday, January 17, 2008

Hello!
 
My computer is dead. Well, more likely, my computer charger is acting up, but for all intents and purposes, my computer isn't usable right now, so my blogs will be shorter and less coherent.
 
It has been an interesting week or so though: a friend came over, I've started baking in my brand new butagaz oven (bagels, zucchini bread, baguettes, bananna bread, and a disasterous chocolate pie...), and even hosting six of my friends from my town as they randomly showed up at my house.
 
I'm also looking for a teacher, maybe 5th or 6th grade, who is interesting in doing a photo exchange with an elementry class in my town. My idea is to give disposable cameras to some of the children and tell them to take pictures of what is important to them, get the pictures printed, and then exchanging so that the other class can learn about life in the other town.
 
All right! I've gotta run. Have a fantastic week :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Katy,
When we got the charger for you they actually sent 2. I will get the new one in the mail as soon as I can. Mom just sent a package, but I'm sure we can find stuff to fill up another one. Hopefully all you need is the charger.

I have a letter on my mac at home, will print and send, probably in the same box.
love ya lots
dad

smsolo said...

hey. I'm a 7th grade teacher in Washington DC. I think that picture exchange sounds like a really fun idea that some of my students could really get into. I'd like to chat more about it with you. My email address is smsolo@gmail.com

I hope to hear from you

Steve

Anonymous said...

Katy -

Lucas is in 5th grade. If you are interested in his class let me know, I will talk to his teacher.

LTA

Kris said...

my life is incomplete without you.