Thursday, August 2, 2007

My house

After buying a lot of spices (yum!), 2 meters of screen to keep out the bugs (now, I need to figure out how to install it!), tutoring (yes, I found a tutor!), and walking around town, I found some more energy to write.

I'm still feeling torn about my site. I love it some days: the days I am inturrupted at night by a woman who I might have talked to once or twice before and taken to her house for tea and cookies and dinner, or the days where people greet me on the street by name, or even the butHanuts in my souk town who know me and ask how life is in Tamazitinu.

I'm also quite happy to have found a tutor. Finally! He's great: a linguistics/English language graduate who is currently unemployed so eager to tutor and very good at understanding my questions about structure. He seems like a good tutoring match for me and his schedule is pretty flexible, so all around it's an excellent situation.

And... I'm exhausted. Sorry to be so brief. Much love to all; take care! Oh, and for those of you who are wondering, yes, I did read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It's the first time since book three I didn't read it the day it came out, but I had finished by midnight on Monday (since that's when I was able to go into town and download..erm...find...the book). Not bad. :)

2 comments:

Blue Eyed Girl said...

Yeeaaa Katy! I'm glad you finally got into your own home. That must be such a great thing. Hope all is well with you!

Dr. Blair Cushing said...

So you know I don't read the books - I just watch the movies. But b/c you weren't here, I had to ask Jesse who died. And he told me, but I was sad that kytish wasn't around b/c I know that SHE wouldn've told me like the next day. B/c she would've stayed up all night reading it. Of this I was certain.

Many spanks,
BBC ;)